Friday, March 13, 2009

The Multi-Pronged Winter Videogame Attack

Normally, all the great games come out during the holiday season, from September to December, and after that things get quiet for awhile. Players spend those long months sans new releases, catching up on games they originally passed up in the fall.

That was then, this is now. In terms of new releases so far this year I've gotten Deadly Creatures (Wii), Madworld (Wii), Grand Theft Auto IV : The Lost and Damned (XBox 360),and Resident Evil 5 (Xbox 360).

Another thing that occurs after the holidays are price drops on some games, and I've gotten Fracture (XBox 360), plus the three free XBox 360 games I received back in January. On top of that, I encountered a rare copy of Eternal Ring, a Kings Field-like game by (oddly enough) the makers of King's Field at a local flea market for five dollars. I had to get that!

And I've still got Metroid Prime 3 : Corruption (Wii), Okami (Wii), and the first two Castlevania games for the DS left over from Christmas. Left over from last year are the still entertaining online modes for Grand Theft Auto IV, Left 4 Dead, and Farcry 2.

As ever, since I got the XBox 360, it's a problem of too many games and not enough time. I'm not complaining, mind you, because it's a better problem to have than the opposite. This game backlog has created, however, a concurrent backlog of unwritten blog entries - reviews especially.

Soon, I hope to get to the list on my desk of blog articles I need to write. If there's anyone out there still reading - please stand by.

No comments: