Saturday, April 4, 2020

Archived Turbulent Waters

In case you forgot, The Turbulent Waters was my Ultima Online fansite from April 2000 - Early 2005 (or so) that was focused on ships and sailing in that pioneering MMORPG. After I closed up shop it was hosted for years by the cross-server guild the Fishing Council of Britannia.

Sadly, they seem to be gone now, and I had assumed that The Turbulent Waters went down with their ship. It turns out not being current on the internet in my old age missed the fact that what's left of the site (the main page) is preserved at the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, a place that the internet is partially backed up, thankfully.

All of the graphics are missing but there are some great and passionate articles there regarding my last days playing Ultima Online and being an advocate of the development of the nautical aspect of it.
It's good to know that my efforts from that bygone era are still visible for future historians to ponder.

No comments: