Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Big Can of Suck It Up

Ok, I'm good now.

I drank a big can of Suck It Up (an imaginary beverage that washes away all the whininess and makes one tougher), and got down and dirty with Metroid Prime for the Gamecube. I made it past where I was stuck before, and well beyond that. In fact, the last two nights I've had three hour sessions with the game.

It's amazing. So much exploration, so many hidden power-ups to go back and look for. My aresenal is now to the point, too, where I can kick some serious ass on all those who sent me running in fear before.

It's extremely rare that a first-person shooter that has jumping and grappling does it right, but Metroid Prime does. There have only been a few jumps where I've experienced a little frustration, and usually it only took a few turns to figure it out.

Now, I cannot guarantee that this game will not piss me off again. But since it's such a blast, I plan to keep a lot of Suck It Up nearby. The good thing is, if I finish it, there's still Metroid Prime : Echoes for the Gamecube (which I often see used at Gamestop used for about eight dollars) and then the new Metroid Prime : Corruption coming soon for the Wii. That should keep me busy for the rest of the year.

No comments: