Monday, March 29, 2010

And Now, An Endorsement

Weary from work and my awesome life as a husband to a wife who's ten years younger than I (careful what you wish for guys), I often arrive at Monday morning - my almost regular weekly videogame zone-out time - exhausted and struggling to stay awake even when I'm playing a game with lots of noise and explosions and pretty colors.

I gave up soda a few years ago, having consumed more Pepsi and Coke in my life than the entire nation of Liechtenstein has in its whole history, and I've never liked coffee. Red Bull and all those other energy drinks that the kids love also didn't do it for me, mostly because they tasted awful and left my stomach churning like the rough seas of the J'fer Sok (that's a reference to any Ultima Online fans out there).

So at the gas station I discovered this wondrous elixir:

It's just the thing for long gaming sessions, filling the user with mental energy more than physical jitters. I've even used it for an occasional late-night gaming session. But it must be consumed in moderation. No more than once a day, preferably only once or twice a week. The flavors that I've tried are not too bad - orange, grape, and berry - but there can be something of an aftertaste.

5 Hour Energy has become a regular part of my gaming sessions, when I'm struggling to stay awake. I wholeheartedly endorse this product for anyone who wants to maximize their free time after a long week of toil.

No comments: