Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Beaten : Bully - Scholarship Edition

Tonight I beat Bully : Scholarship Edition for the Nintendo Wii. The ending was very satisfying, although a bit easy.

I cannot praise this game enough. These open-world sandbox games, as they are called, offer a great way to tell a story and build characters, appeal to the explorer in me by offering a huge world with many, many secrets, and create an immersive experience by crafting the world with a vast level of detail, not just visually, but by offering the character so many activities to engage in.

I'm sure a lot of XBox 360 and Playstation 3 owners are going through the same experience right now, as RockStar Games's signature series, Grand Theft Auto, just released it's fourth installment for those systems. Me, I'm not into that theme, really. Bully was offbeat and humorous enough that I could get into it, though.

Different strokes and all that.

After the end credits, Bully opens a new chapter called "Endless Summer" that apparently allows the player to go around and finish any remaining tasks. I love it when games do that - and since I beat the game with only about 76% completed, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking a few summer courses soon.

No comments: