Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Four New Old Games

Thanks to incredibly robust eBay sales of my Commodore items, I've gotten some extra spending cash to buy some new old games with. In other words, new to me, old to the market. And yes, I've decided to scratch that MMORPG itch I mentioned earlier:

Guild Wars : Factions : I decided to take the plunge with the second chapter of the Guild Wars games. Each expansion for Guild Wars is stand - alone, which means I can't access the first or third chapters unless I buy them seperately. I chose Factions because it seems to be group PvP oriented, and because it was ten dollars less than the most recent expansion, Nightfall.

So far, it's pretty standard newbie stuff. Levelling, newbie quests, trying out skills. It seems to have a steep learning curve, as most of the time I don't know what I'm doing and figure out important things I've missed only after wasting a lot of time. I am determined to ride this one out - max out my character, learn to play it right, and engage in PvP. So we'll see what develops in the later parts of the game.

Batallion Wars : This Nintendo Gamecube game seems pretty straightforward - it's an action - combat game where you control soldiers, going from mission to mission. I've only spent a few minutes with it, so I haven't got a real feel for it. It was ten dollars.

Star Trek : Encounters : This Playstation 2 game seems like a very hard Star Trek ship combat game. I played to the third or fourth mission before getting stuck. It, too, was only ten dollars.

XIII : Thirteen is a very cool and stylish first person shooter for the Gamecube that I've gotten a few levels into. I like it, but have yet to master the controls, and that's just because I'm lazy. It was only five dollars.

These four titles should keep me busy for the time being. And give me something new to blog about.

No comments: