Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Playing Catch - Up

Both my job and my eBaying have kept me very busy lately, hence the lack of any updates. So, I'll just throw a few things out here real quick.

Wii Play : It's a bunch of small games, of varying novelty. Some are good, some are blah. At least it came with a Wii Remote. I like the table tennis and the tank game the most. The last level of the shooting gallery, the one with the flying saucers, is hilarious.

Super Paper Mario : I made a few additional attempts at the Pit of 100 Trials, or whatever it's called, and failed. I think I'm done with this game. Monique is still playing it, though, and having fun. It's fun watching her struggle with some of the craziness that I have already endured with that game.

The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess : I am at the Twilight Palace, or whatever it's called, facing off against Zant. I haven't beat him yet. He seems to be taking me on a multi-battle tour of my previous boss encounter arenas. I am loathe to end this game in fear of there being nothing else I want to play on the Wii right now.

Tron 2.0 : This is a PC game that came out a few years ago, and I later picked up at a bargain price. I only played it a little bit the first time I had it installed. I decided to re-install it and am having some fun with it. It's got a very complex system of menus but the graphics are amazing. Plus, it's Tron. What else do you need to know?

Spider-Man 3 : Not the game, the movie. A huge disappointment, overall. The action was great, but the flaws with the characters and story drag it all down. At least Pirates of the Carribean 3 is only a few weeks away. Plus, Harry Potter 5. It's gonna be a good summer for movies, eventually.

eBay : My selloff of Commodore 64 and Vic 20 games continues, with surprisingly good results. I'm also breaking my heart by selling my Electronic Games magazines from the early 1980s. Life goes on.

Phoenix Wright : Justice for All : I've been on break from this game for awhile, too. However, I recently read that Capcom has another one coming in September, called Phoenix Wright : Trials and Tribulations. So the clock is ticking, once again.

That MMORPG Itch: I'm getting the itch for a MMORPG, forgetting the lessons of the past. First, most of them suck. Two, I have a hard time making friends in these games, due to various things - I'm a casual gamer, I still carry trust issues from having endured the early days of Ultima Online, and I like to roleplay just a little to add to my own immersiveness.

Pirates of the Burning Sea, the Holy Grail of my own personal MMORPG quest dating back nine years, looks to be delayed yet again from its previously - stated June launch date. I've been thinking about trying out Guild Wars, or returning to City of Heroes / Villains. I've even volunteered for the Ultima Online Kingdom Reborn beta, having a ship / sailing test itinerary that I'm sure surpasses anyone else's.

Like I said, I've forgotten the lessons of the past. I also feel guilty about not continuing with my Milestones series (see this blog's archives). I had a new entry all written up but blogger ate it. Really. Look for the next entry once I gather the courage to write it all again. That, and when I find the time.

No comments: