Monday, July 16, 2007

Doing the Ipod Shuffle

I finally got an Ipod ! Well, sort of. I got the tiny, affordable, 1G Ipod Shuffle, a flash-based mp3 player that only holds about 240 songs.

I bought Monique a real, 30G Video Ipod for Christmas last year, and she loves it. Setting it up for her, and helping her use it, has given me the same desire to have portable music. Plus, my current work situation allows me to wear one while I do my work, and the shuffle is ideal for that.

The one detail is Itunes, Apple's music program that synchs with their Ipods. I've had a lot of difficulty with it in the past, so I've had to sit down and really get my hands dirty with the program. The real challenge was making it usable with two different iPods, or more specifically two different music libraries, which is necessary since Monique and I have different tastes in music.

With not that much effort, I have managed to do everything I wanted with Itunes, and I'm up and running. Tomorrow, I return to work and will get to field-test my little Ipod Shuffle, all loaded up with songs. I'm hoping it makes the day go by a little quicker.

No comments: