Monday, January 19, 2009

Fable 2 : Knothole Island Quick Review

I finished Fable 2 last fall, and while I enjoyed the experience, I thought it was too short and a bit too easy. After beating it I explored the land more thoroughly, and had a great time finding things in all the nooks and crannies. Still, the world felt a bit small.

Last week it got a little bigger, as Knothole Island was opened up via downloadable content for the game, at a cost of ten dollars (800 Microsoft points). It had a new town and a new quest, which I explored and went through pretty fast. There's also a sort of a scavenger-hunt quest and a collection quest to do.

Other than that there are some new weapons, clothes, and other items, as well as one really cool thing that I cannot spoil. Knothole Island isn't much, but it's done a good job of making me interested in the overall game again, at least for awhile. Whether or not such an add-on is worth the time to some gamers is entirely subjective, but I've enjoyed it and hope that more such additions are on the way.

No comments: