Monday, April 2, 2007

Wii Update

I haven't updated lately becuase I'm enjoying the Nintendo Wii so much. Here's a quick update on what I'm playing:

The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess - I've gotten about 26 hours into it so far. I just made it to the desert. As usual, there is a lot of hidden things all over the huge world of Hyrule to find, including bugs and ghosts for collection quests, as seen in previous Zeldas. In fact, while I am enjoying this game immensely, it is very much like Ocarina of Time in many respects. Only the stuff with the wolf form seems very fresh, although the howling part is similar to previous Zelda musical mini-games.

Wii Sports - My fiancee' and I spend a few hours a week playing this. We play bowling and baseball mostly, but last night tried a few holes of golf. The thing I really don't like about baseball is the fact that the game is only three innings. Golf is strange because you don't want to hit the ball as hard as you can - doing so causes a hook or a slice. Perhaps some more time is needed to get used to the controls.

Virtual Console Games - What's cool about the VC games is that the Wii saves your progress when you quit. In Alien Crush, it saves your high scores. In Bonk's Adventure, it allows you to pick up where you leave off. Alien Crush is a pretty good pinball game, and the only reason I got it was because Devil's Crush, its vastly superior successor, wasn't available yet. Still, Alien Crush is good enough for now. Chew Man Fu, the other VC game I got, is also fun. However, my fiancee' and I tried out the kickball mode in it, and it was kind of disappointing.

All in all, the Wii is a lot of fun. I'm starting to get that itch for a new game, though. Something that really shows off what the system is good for. There just don't seem to be that many good titles out for it yet, though.

No comments: