Sunday, April 27, 2008

Everyone Remembers Their First Time

Today was a day I thought would have come about a year ago. Last Christmas, at the very latest. But no, it was today.

This morning, at 8:30 AM, I was at Wal-Mart, doing much of the week's grocery shopping, and as always I took a stroll through the electronics section before heading to the checkout. There, in the Nintendo Wii section, was the usual display case of Wii games. At the bottom of the case was over 8 Nintendo Wii consoles, just sitting there.

No one was camping for them. In fact, there were about eight more Wiis on the cart that the two guys restocking the shelves were using. They were discussing where they should put the additional consoles.

Wiis in the wild. Unclaimed. It was a sight I was wondering if I'd ever see.

No comments: