Sunday, April 6, 2008

What A Difference A Month (In Ohio) Makes

Don't you just hate it when you go to one of your favorite gaming blogs or web comic blogs only to find that, instead of blogging about the latest game or geek news, the author is rambling on about their boring - ass personal life like you really give a shit?

I know I do. That being said, let me drive away the few readers I have by doing the exact same thing.

Less than a month ago, Columbus, Ohio was buried under a huge blizzard and its residents huddled in their homes as the city was virtually shut down. Today it was sunny and warm in the high sixties and everyone was outside in shorts and tee shirts, with children playing and folks washing thier cars.

It was my day off after a fifty-plus hour week (I picked up a second part-time job at night a few weeks back), and while I was looking forward to making some progress in Apollo Justice : Ace Attorney, I only played about a half an hour before deciding to enjoy the warm weather by washing my car, inside and out. After an Ohio winter it needed it.

One thing you never do in Ohio is declare winter "over". Especially in early April. Sure, the forecast for the next week shows all 60s and 70s for highs, but after living here four decades I know damn well that the weather can still shift back to winter with little notice. I've seen snow as early as September and as late as June in Ohio.

Still, it really felt like spring today. Not just the weather, but the collective mood of everyone around me. Plus, there are new episodes of Battlestar Galactica on the air, and a friggin Iron Man movie is less than a month away.

If anyone's left reading this, fret not. Mario Kart Wii comes out in three weeks and you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be blogging about that one.

No comments: