Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Objection ! It's Too Early !

In my section to the right about what games I'm playing, you'll see that I WAS scrambling to finish Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney before the sequel came out. I was expecting it in March, which was the estimate given to me by an EB/Gamestop employee awhile back. I stopped by an EB today and there it was. It's out early, and The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass has been pushed back to summer.

I didn't pick it up yet, though. I feel guilty about getting it before finishing the first installment. In the first one, I'm in what I think is the last day of trial for the last case, and still very stuck.

On the other hand, the first one was so rare for so long after its release that I am afraid the same will happen to the sequel, and by the time I am ready to play it, it will be only available on eBay for twice the retail price. I got lucky on the first one - I found it for 17 dollars at a local MediaPlay store when the chain went down at the end of 2005. It was the last copy they had, too.

I think I'll pick it up on Friday, but not play it until I've finished the first one. Yeah, that will do. Maybe seeing the box on my shelf will spur me on to finish that last case on the first one. Oh, the torment. These games are really great.

No comments: